Thursday, January 19, 2006



Decisions Made, Paperwork Done, Knit On!

I have finally made it *over the hump* and am making steady progress. I was delayed a day by a full schedule of appointments, but now that they are behind me, it is full steam ahead.

I finished the dreadful paperwork and it has been sent to all those that believe all this detail is necessary....for the 48th time. And, now I can breathe a sigh of relief, until they decide it is time for me to repeat the process and complete another heaping pile of paperwork again at their next whim. : (

I've also made some knitting decisions. YEA! I did it!

I will continue with my husband's Aran sweater with the FLAK group. I'm glad this group just gets installments on what to do every 2 weeks because it gives me time to do other knitting projects.

I'm also knitting a shawl for my grandmother. She's a quite young 97 year old that has recently relocated to IL. I hope she will enjoy a soft and warm, alpaca shawl to put around her shoulders in the cooler climate of IL. I found some beautiful sport weight, baby Alpaca today in a lovely lavender that I feel will make a beautiful shawl for her. I'm not going to make the shawl very large since she is small, and I don't want it to interfere with her sitting or walking. I hope she likes this beautiful and scrumptious Misti Alpaca in *lavendar* (she had told me earlier that she is tired of pink, so hopefully lavender isn't out, too).

I'm also continuing on some additional items for CIC.

Any knitting, other than the above, will just have to be in spare moments and are currently placed *on the back burner*. : )

Our Sit 'N' Stitch group meets again tonight at Borders. I really look forward to spending a couple of hours knitting, chatting, comparing patterns and projects with my new knitting and crocheting pals. We have a wonderful time and I'll try to get a couple of pictures of our group to post, if they agree.

Our ladies/friends Bible study group met today for an organizational meeting. We officially start on Monday afternoon. I'm surely looking forward to learning more in this group, praying together, discussing, learning together, and getting to spend time together. The Lord has blessed each of us bountifully and also brought us each through difficult times. I pray that we will each become more of what He would like for us to be through this study time.

I want to thank all of my online friends that have prayed for me to get through being overfaced. It certainly has made a difference. I want you to know that I will also be praying for each of you, my local and online friends, for whatever your needs or trials may be. Please feel free to contact me at any time. And, always feel free to leave a comment, too.

Your Friend,

Shelly

NAS
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

7 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Just came across your blog. Very nice - love the name. And the lavendar yarn looks lovely.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Nice to see ya tonight :)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That shawl is going to be beautiful! I love lavender and all shades of purple. Is the alpaca yarn expensive? I don't think I've seen it around up here...it would probably be something that I would have to order...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Shelley,

The alpaca is Misti Alpaca and was $5.95 US per 146 yd. ball. It is VERY soft and I hope it knits up well. I got it at a local yarn shop today.

I know that www.elann.com also carries alpaca yarn. I haven't purchased any from them, but hope to do so soon. They have quick shipping and good prices, so you might check there.

I hope you have a wonderful week full of blessings. : )

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you work on the shawl at Sit&Stitch! your grandma will love it.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly,

Which LYS had the Misti Alpaca? I would like to fondle some... I love, love, looovvveeee alpaca yarns.

I'd love to get some of thier chunky weight. Can you purchase from Misti or is it a distributor?

Susan

1:36 PM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Hi Shelly,
That Misty Alpaca is absolutely gorgeous yarn and i love the color too. Can't wait to see your shawl!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home