Friday, January 06, 2006


Where has the time gone? We're already 6 days into 2006!

Our beautiful daughter, Amanda, married her fiance, Ryan, on December 24, 2005. It was truly the most beautiful wedding that I have ever seen. I'll share pictures as soon as they are received from the photographer. I didn't expect to cry because I was so very happy for both of them, but I cried like a baby throughout the ceremony. It is a good thing that someone had the foresight to set a full box of Kleenex in the pew where all the parents were seated. I cried from joy and from wondering why time had passed so very quickly. Our wonderful baby girl was now an adult. I wouldn't want it any other way....I just wish that time would slow down a little for those special moments to linger.

Our son, Zachary, was the best man. What a handsome sight he is in a tux. And, what a wonderful, Christian young man, to boot.

As parents, we have been blessed beyond measure. With the formal addition of Ryan, we now have 3 children. Our hearts are full to overflowing. : )

On the recent knitting front, I can say that I am thankful that the Christmas knitting is finished. I made 5 winter hats, 4 snuggly, heat/cold packs for comfort of the recipients, cotton chenille flower washcloths, and a few more items. None of the items were very big, but with a wedding happening in the midst of the holidays, I had to keep it simple this season.

I'm currently knitting for CIC (socks, slippers, and vests) and also participating in the Follow the Leader Aran Knitalong, FLAK led by Janet Szabo. Both of these endeavors are fun and personally very rewarding.

I've just finished my cabled FLAK swatch as you can see. The sweater will be for my husband (we've been married almost 27 years) and he chose this heathered green color of Cascade 220. The color doesn't show very well in the picture, but it is a sage/olive green with heathered highlights of gold, rust, and even a little blue. It is gorgeous yarn to see and easy to work.




And here's a picture of my latest vest for CIC. Special *THANKS* for the pattern go to Marguerite for the Cozy In Cables vest.


6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Your FLAK swatch is gorgeous!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

What fun to be able to see your knitting and read some of your thoughts and see your beautiful and handsome family.

So glad I came to visit. I'll be back.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The FLAK swatch is lovely - great stitch definition!!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Deby said...

Love your new blog. Your knitting is beautiful and so is your family.
God Bless You

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your swatch from the FLAK. I'm using Cascade 220 in purple heather. So fun to participate in this Knitalong and meet so many nice people. So nice to see your family and your other projects.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Your daughter's wedding photo is beautiful! Christmas weddings are so pretty. I love the contrast of the red flowers with her white dress.

Your FLAK swatch is lovely--what nice yarn.

Welcome to blogging! (I saw your note on the Knittingsurprise list!)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home