Saturday, January 14, 2006



Do You See the Potential?

One of my favorite yarn shops, Sealed With A Kiss in Guthrie, OK is having a wonderful, in-store SALE this weekend. Of course, I was there last night! The store was crowded with all ages. What could be better for a fiber lover than to be in the midst of fellow fiber enthusiasts, in a great store having a great sale, with freely provided home-made Chocolate Chip Cookies for the customers? Ahhh, what an absolute delight.

Isn't the sage Jaggerspun laceweight, 50% Merino & 50% Silk just stunning? What do you see that becoming? Me, I see a shawl. Not just any shawl. A beautiful shawl, probably a Fiddlesticks Knitting shawl design.

I aspire to someday being able to knit the Fiddlesticks Knitting design, the Garden Shawl. I don't think I'm quite ready for that one yet, but I'm working toward that. I'm a bit like the tortise, slow and steady progress to get to the goal. So, for now, I will choose a bit simpler design. But, in my heart and mind, I know I am working up to the Garden Shawl.

I know that each of us has *great potential* in our lives. We may not be great scholars, government leaders, highly public figures that have accomplished heroic deeds; but we each have unlimited potential to impact the lives of those around us.

I often wonder what the Lord sees as our individual potential. In His eyes, I'm certain that He sees great potential in each of us. He is there to encourage each of us, and desires each of us to know of his unending and steadfast love for us.

Please know how important and significant you are. Please join me in striving to see our individual potential through the Lord's eyes, rather than the limited vision of our own. We each have the ability and heart to care for others, give of our time and talents, and make a lasting, positive impact with our lives, before going home to be with the Lord in the next.

NAS
Phillipians 4:13
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Hi Shelly

About lists, you can tell I talk a good game, but actually accomplishing it is a whole 'nother bag of worms! :o)

I'm curious about that calculator thingy in the picture with the yarn. What does it do?

Hugs, Gretchen
gmcsew@comcast.net

10:37 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Oooh great yarn! I have been itching to try a lace shawl, but there seems to be too much on the knitting to-do list. I can't wait to see which pattern you do!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Ooh, that looks yummy! Can't wait to see what it becomes. I also made it to the sale on Saturday and it was great, I couldn't believe how big the store was and how much they had on sale. And I saw several people from the Sit n Stitch.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home