Thursday, January 12, 2006



A Gift Of Nature - A Gift of God

If you are looking forward to Spring's return and feeling that it may never arrive, hopefully this may encourage you.

Today I'm sharing some of my filming of *nature* at our farm. We have a large Purple Martin colony (another of my many passions/interests). I enjoy keeping a close eye on the colony and learning lessons from these beautiful and faithful travelers.

I have a small camera installed in some of our Purple Martin housing and have spent many hours of wonder and enjoyment watching, filming, and learning from these beautiful creatures.

Please enjoy the video clips of these devoted parents and their adorable young. You may also notice that the parents, especially the female, work diligently to knit, or weave, their nest together in preparation for their young. : )

(The pictures and video clips are from the 2004 and 2005 Purple Martin seasons.)

Click on links below to view individual movie files:
(It may take a bit of time for the movie file to download. Only the first movie clip has sound.)

Female Purple Martin Building Nest

2nd Purple Martin Baby Wriggling From Egg

Adult Male (Dad) Purple Martin Feeding 2 Day Old Hatchlings

Adult Female (Mom) Purple Martin Feeding Dragonfly to Young

I hope that you have enjoyed the pictures and video clips. I have many more, so let me know if you would like to see more pictures and videos of nature at our farm.

I'll have much more knitting content to post tomorrow. Our local, new, knitting group, Sit 'N" Stitch, is meeting at Border's tonight. What fun! : )

(Special thanks to *Susan* for starting our local group.)



GNT
Psalms 139:15
When my bones were being formed, carefully put together in my mother's womb, when I was growing there in secret, you knew that I was there—

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne said...

Shelly,

thank you so much for sharing these awesome video clips! Birds do inspire a joyful feeling in me.

regards,
mary anne

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly, I have enjoyed your website so much. The bird videos are great. God is all around us. Youre in my prayers. Your friend, Beverly (Brandon's mom) Brandon is 24 now, and doin GOOD!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

That was such an encouraging post. It was great to see you at the Sit n Stitch last night, hope you can make it next week too.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home