Sunday, January 08, 2006



Challenges, Change Points, and Trust

My life has recently seemed to be full of challenges and change points, which have again prompted me to continuously trust fully in our Heavenly Father. I have frequently been reminded of his tender care by the examples He has for us in nature and His creation.

It is always comforting to be able to look from a window and see the birds in the air and know that even each of them has a purpose, and is provided for by our Heavenly Father.

Matthew 6:26 (NKJV)-
"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"

Matthew 10:29-31 (NKJV)-
29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."

So, why should I be concerned or give in to worry? My life has changed. I'm no longer a mom with children at home. My purpose is changing, and I want to keep up with the changes that are needed. I faced this challenge previously when illness took me away from my long time career as an RN. Now, I face the challenge again... the need to change and pursue the purpose of my life at this point. Although a bit stressful, change is exciting and necessary as we adapt. I want to be *on target* with being all that the Lord has for me to learn and accomplish.

I have enjoyed amateur photography of the birds on our farm. These pictures show clear examples of selflessness, excellent parenting, devotion to family, discipline, work ethic, being a good neighbor and helpful friend, and of God's love. I'll be periodically sharing some of my pictures. I hope they uplift you, too.



Knitting Challenges

This last year was the year of *socks* for me. I learned to knit socks and then found I couldn't quit! Socks can be addictive to many knitters...and I am definitely one of the afflicted. : )

Once I learned to knit socks on double-pointed needles, I became intrigued with the MagicLoop method. That grew into knitting 2 socks at the same time on one long circular needle.

I completed several pairs of socks, but only have pictures of 2 pairs partially complete. These socks were during my *beading* phase with socks. They were knit with Opal sock yarn in the Uni-Solid colors. The pattern was designed by Christina Coghill as the December '04 sock pattern for the Six Sox Knitalong Yahoo Group.

I find our life challenges are much like knitting socks. Once you agree to face the challenge, it will take you some place wonderful. The results will be well worth all your efforts. : )

1 Comments:

Blogger phoenix_anew said...

I will keep you in my prayers ...

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home