Tuesday, January 10, 2006



Sock Knitting Frustration & Treatment

I guess that I have slept one time too many since I last knit socks. I'm working on a pair for CIC and have ended up getting myself so twisted up and confused that I had to put them away last night...and I haven't had the courage to bring them back out again yet today. How can this happen?

Have any of you ever had this experience? I'm really hoping that I'm not the only one. Did the sock knitting part of my brain shrink
during one night's rest unbeknownst to me? YIKES!

Maybe the problem is that I'm knitting in a heavy worsted this time and not the usual lovely Opal sock yarn. That must be it, don't you think?

I usually knit 2 socks at once on one long circular needle. This
time, however, I'm only knitting one at a time since I didn't want
to split this huge ball of yarn into two separate balls. Maybe I
should just break out my double-pointed needles and continue from there.

I have no clue how I got so confused and twisted with this sock. So, what did I do to make myself feel better today before facing the dreaded sock tangle? Hubby took me on a date to a new (new for me) yarn shop! Of course I picked up a new ball of Opal in the Petticoat color. : ) We *DO* have a shop in OK with Opal. Hooray! I even treated myself to my first hank of Mountain Colors Hand Painted yarn and some Lantern Moon needles.

So, my advice to anyone that ever faces a similar sock knitting
dilemma....the successful treatment for self, sock-knitting doubt
and sock-knitting depression....*buy more sock yarn*! : )

Now I need to face my sock tangle from yesterday and try to figure
out what I did (or didn't do). If I get overwhelmed, I'll just talk
it over with my new Opal Petticoat and see what it has to say. I'll also refer to my sock knitting books, if need be.

This troubled sock knitting reminds me of many experiences in my life, both past and present. And, sometimes, how the Lord has just had to teach me the same lesson more than once. It reminds me of how many times I have messed up simple matters unknowingly. I am certainly thankful for His steadfast love for all his children and his patience with each of us, especially me when I have needed it most.

This is also the reason that I keep reading my Bible and praying. I find the direction, guidence, and comfort from the Lord to lead me and help me to untangle the things I have tangled, or allowed to become tangled, in my life.

I pray that each of us keep our knitting, and our lives, untangled. And, that we always remember that there is unconditional love and help for all of our tangles.

HCSB
Psalms 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a helper who is always found in times of trouble.


Your Friend,

Shelly

3 Comments:

Blogger delirious said...

I agree with what Pat said.

Debbie,
your post at IHScarf is in draft mode. Sure would like to see you post it and see what you have started with your IHScarf or hat or fingerless gloves.

Shel

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://ylvactcy.com/qmxe/qiww.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://slifchte.com/qoen/pxwj.html]Cool site[/url]

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://ylvactcy.com/qmxe/qiww.html | http://aipestof.com/wdcc/lqiu.html

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home