Friday, September 29, 2006

Late Saturday Sky, On The Needles, and Barkley Bartholomew

Well, it's Friday and I'm just now getting the picture of last Saturday's Sky posted. Amanda, our daughter, took the picture for me. Thank you, Apple Dumpling! : )


One of our greatest blessings was getting to move to our farm and enjoying the scenery, quietness, and wildlife. Farm life is busy and demanding, but we wouldn't have it any other way. My husband and I both have had careers in the medical field (me and RN for a very long time, my husband a nuclear medicine technologist) and there has been nothing better than having our farm to come home to after a strenuous day.

Here's a look out from one of the living room windows at our front yard taken a couple of years ago. It is still much the same.


The ducks are releases from Wildcare Foundation after successful rehab, as are some of the geese. The Canada Geese, however, are wild and they stop by for a visit and a meal frequently.

Currently On The Needles


I'm currently working on another little raglan pullover for CIC. It is being knitted in Cascade 220 in the color Tangerine Heather. The yarn was purchased from my favorite ebay seller Cedarville Landing Yarn. Thank you, Jane! She has great prices and outstanding service.

Additionally, I couldn't resist casting on for the Mountain Peaks Shawl from Mimknits. I'm using Jaggerspun Zephyr laceweight in the color Mushroom. I purchased this from Margaret at Gourmet Yarn Co. ...and I plan on getting more! : )

My double rolled mittens are currently stalled. The action of knitting in the roving has caused me to develop a wrist issue. When it calms down, I'll get them finished.

Lessons from Barkley Bartholomew

Here's Barkley...


This is just about as excited as Barkley gets. He can lounge and sleep during the most severe thunderstorm. He is calm when our dachshunds are inside and a little too interested in him. Nothing seems to get him upset or rattled. Although this is a Ragdoll breed characteristic, I think Barkley has calmness to spare! : )

I'm hoping that someday I can learn to be calm and still (at all times)in the Lord despite what's happening in my life. I don't want to become unaware and disinterested in what's happeing in the world at all. I want to stay active and participatory, but yet still have peace and rest in my heart and mind....that only our Heavenly Father provides.

Prayer Updates

Little Mackenzie is improving and undergoing treatment for her facial cancer. Please continue to pray for her and her family diligently.

My grandmother has improved physically, but her clarity of mind continues to deteriorate. Hospice is a great help. Please continue to pray for her to be as comfortable as possible in her final days...and for my family in IL that is caring for her.

I pray for each of you to have health, enjoyable days, to continue to help others, and to have the peace of the Lord in your heart and mind.

Your Friend,

Shelly

NIV

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be Barkley when I grow up!!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I think I know who posted the above comment! : )

8:10 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Love the new projects! I think I should try a raglan sweater next. I have been working t-shirt sweaters. Lovely pictures of the sky and Barkley too.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Oh, Shelley! Barkley is a beauty! (I know...his colors are the same as The Meezer's so of course I'd love that!) but wow. He's gorgeous...how cool that the doxies don't upset him.
(((hugs)))

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pictures! you are right, we should all follow your example, they are worth a thousand words

5:52 AM  
Blogger L. said...

I love the color of the new raglan for CIC, Shelly! How kind of you to knit something with this much time invested.

Barkley is one relaxed kitty and he's so pretty while he's at it, LOL.

I will continue to pray for those in your thoughts and please continue to pray for me in my journey to become closer to Our Lord and active in my faith once again.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I love ducks. We used to have lots of pet ones around here. My favorites were the wild breeds that grew up and then flew away.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Liam said...

Hello mate great blogg

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home