Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sockret Pal Information

This is my first knitting/gifting exchange and I'm so ready to have loads of fun with this. I've got plans for my assigned partner already! And, here's the information for the person that has been assigned to me.

I'm really thrilled and can't wait to get to know both my partners on each end! Now, let's have fun!

The Questionerre

The basics:
How long have you been knitting? Actually, I've been knitting about 2 years.

Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I'd consider myself and intermediate to advanced sock knitter.

The measurements:
I wear a ladie's size 7 (US) shoe. Foot circumference is 8 inches.

(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love? Nearly any color. I love blues, greens, reds, yellow....just any of them.
Do you prefer solids or variegated? Solids for textured patterns and varigated for simple patterns.
What fibers do you most love to knit with? Wool, alpaca, wool/silk blends, and just about any natural fiber.
Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? Regia Silk Wool, Opal, Socks That Rock, Barefoot Mountain Colors, etc.
What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? Sweaters, socks, anything with lace.

(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? I find that I don't enjoy acrylic...either knitting with it or wearing it.
What colors would you never wear? The only color I don't wear near my face is orange. I just fade out to invisible when I wear orange.

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood? I love my Denise Interchangable needles. I also enjoy Addi Turbos for sock knitting. And then I love Bamboo and wood needles, too!
Circs or Straights? Circs most frequently, but I do enjoy using my straights at times.
DPNs or Magic Loop? Either. I use Magic Loop most of the time, but find myself missing my DPN's and use them fairly regularly, too.
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like?
I never have enough point protectors. I also love anything to do with little sheep. I never have enough of the zip top baggies on hand to hold my yarn and knitting when I need them. I love any little knitting gadgets or goodies.

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? Not really.
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? I like them all!
Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? Smoke causes me problems.
Favorite scents? I love most scents. Citrus and cocoanut, some floral, and lots of food ... apple, pumpkin pie, etc.
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? Dachshund things : ) Also, bird items...and just about any animal item. I also enjoy having nice notecards to send to friends and family.
When is your birthday? November 19th
Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? I'm learning to spin with a drop spindle. I haven't tried dying yarn yet, but I'm interested.
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better...

My favorite vacation spot is right here on our farm! We have horses, cats, dogs, ducks, geese, and all types of wildlife. I enjoy anything nature related and autumn is my favorite season.

Most of my books are knitting books. I also enjoy good fiction and fantasy, mystery books, and writings of C. S. Lewis.

I enjoy classical music, Celtic music, and insturmental music of many types.

Basically, there isn't much that I don't enjoy or appreciate. : )

That's about it. If you have questions, please just let me know. And, I hope you're having a wonderful week!

Your Pal,

Shelly

3 Comments:

Blogger kay_okc said...

You left out ONE important color you like.........rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I'm enjoying reading everyone's questionnaires and learning about my friends - even if I'm NOT their pal (or vice versa!). This is going to be so much fun!
(((hugs)))

5:57 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Have fun with your new secret pal and exchange! They always sound like fun to me. Love the cute little brown and green striped sweater for CIC you posted! Nice job! Looks like a great book too!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home