Friday, February 03, 2006



Progress, Diligence, and Joy

Can you see that my grandmother's shawl is growing? I finally passed the intimidation factor, and the shawl is growing as hoped! If I continue to get to prioritize the shawl in my knitting time, I hope to have it finished in the next week, or two. : )

I'm also considering knitting up some Opal Socks for my Granny in a matching lavendar/purple colorway. The color is from the Opal Rainforest collection and the colorway is called Fish. My Granny loves bright colors, sparkles, beads, glitter, rhinestones, all these things....and the *louder*, the better! I may add beads to the socks for her because she loves them so very much.

So, I'm glad to report that the shawl knitting is moving forward!

Personally, there is forward progress, as well. Our daughter will be coming to town this weekend (HOORAY!!!!) and we will be attending the WildCare Foundation Volunteer Banquet together...along with my wonderful hubby. Last year, I worked as an avian subpermittee and rehabbed ill or orphaned baby birds (primarily). I specialized in insectivores and some seed eaters. I hope to be able to do it again this season, but it will depend on if my doctors allow it this year. Rehab work is very rewarding, exhausting, and sometimes trying. I enjoyed working with Rondi and the staff of WildCare very much...they are indeed, the greatest. Please support WildCare with donations of time, financial support, donation of needed goods, or becoming a member. It is a wonderful, trustworthy, and dedicated group of folks that give their all in caring for orphaned or injured wildlife of all types.

I'll be posting pictures of some of my very small WildCare babies from last year in the near future. : )

I do have some special medical challenges coming up this next week, specifically Wednesday (Feb. 8th). For those of you that pray, or would care to send good thoughts our way, they would be accepted with special thanks.

I'm spending much quality time this week in Bible study, watching and listening to Worship Network TV (channel 62-3 for those of you that have local TV multicast access via DirecTV), knitting - both at home and with friends, and drinking up precious time with my husband and family.

For those that care to know a bit more about the upcoming challenge this week, just leave a comment of inquiry and I'll contact you by email.

On another topic, I've been reminded this week of the vast difference in experiencing happiness and joy. Happiness if often dependent upon circumstances in life, but joy is consistent in the heart of one that knows the Lord is with them every moment of every day. That His love never ends and that he is an ever present help in times of trouble. Yes, my heart is joyful!

I'll leave you today with a fun picture... fledgling Eastern Bluebirds cooling from the summer heat in 2003.

Your Friend,

Shelly

HCSB
Romans 8: 35 & 37-39
35 Who can separate us from the love of Christ? Can affliction or anguish or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

37 No, in all these things we are more than victorious through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love baby bluebirds!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Those birds are cute!

I've sent a prayer up for you already. Let us know how things go.

Your grandmother's shawl is looking great!! You're doing fabulous work! I'm sure she'll love if you do the socks too. I've seen that yarn/pattern and it's so pretty. I went on one site and saw the price they had for that yarn and was so sad...too much for me I'm afraid, especially since it was in American funds (would cost more to convert it to Canadian)...so, I guess I won't be knitting any of those yarns :o(

5:28 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Your photography is so artistic, Shelly. All of your pictures look very professional, making your blog a thing of beauty.

You will be in my prayers. If you'd like to tell me more about your medical challenges, I'd love to listen.

6:42 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Thank you so much for driving us to Guthrie Friday evening. The shawl is looking great. I will keep you in my thoughts this next week.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home