Saturday, January 28, 2006



The Shawl Struggle Continues...

Are you tiring of variations of the same picture? Yes? Well, me too.

I've almost knitted back to the point where I had to *FROG* back to a lifeline in this shawl project. Now, as I approach charted row 5 again, your positive thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated. : )

I feel that if I can just make it through row 5, correctly, that I will be on my way to successfully knitting this alpaca shawl for my grandmother.

As you can see, I had the book chart enlarged, then colored the charted lines with colored book highlighters. This is my attempt to keep from accidentally changing the line that I am following on the chart. I find even with a ruler, sticky note, or other following implement, unless the lines to follow are of the same color when switching from one chart to the next, it is easy to follow the chart on the wrong row. So, I enjoyed coloring for a time this afternoon. I hope it helps. Otherwise, I may switch to coloring shawl charts....rather than attempting to knit them!

So, my goal for tonight is to complete charted row 5 successfully. Yep, I have stoop goals this Saturday evening. : ) I guess that I am refining my diligence and patience just now. And, for all of us, I hope I have a very different shawl progress picture to post soon.

Your Friend,

Shelly

P.S. I'm leaving you with a better picture to view. You will see a beautiful White-winged Dove that visited one of our feeders in 2004.

HCSB
Romans 12:11-12
11 Do not lack diligence; be fervent in spirit; serve the Lord. 12 Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.


4 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I'm sure your grandmother is really going to appreciate her shawl after all the work and love you have put into it.

The dove is pretty. It looks almost like a mourning dove...I suppose they are related somehow.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Thanks, Shelley.

Yes, White-winged Doves look very similar to Mourning Doves. It's the white wing edge that primarily identifies this as the White-winged Dove.

I'm now ready to start charted row *7* on the shawl...so progress is being made! : )

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, when the chart pattern is wrong and you have to knit it 3 times to figure it out, you deserve a special reward for your perspicacity.

way to go!

I, too, am enjoying your photos of animals. we put up a thistle bird feeder and nuthatches are having a fine time (and so are we watching them!)

6:01 PM  
Blogger jae said...

I think we are neighbors, blog neighbors that is. Im sure your shawl will be beautiful. one lady in my knitting group reminds me "its the process we are to enjoy, the journey we take when we knit, frog, etc" Im still learning this. wow row 7! fantastic

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home