Tuesday, February 07, 2006



Fun, New Friends, and Challenges

Today has been a delight. I've been with my hubby all day...and there's just nothing better. And, to add to our fun day, we had dinner out together, a quick trip to Borders, and the evening spent with new friends at the Norman Fiber League monthly meeting.

I, of course, went to admire the spinning wheels, drop spindles, fibers of all types, chat, and be with fiber loving friends. My husband went to admire the woodworking techniques and craftsmanship that is used in the making of spinning wheels and drop spindles. But, I did catch him petting both alpaca and Merino/silk roving, as well as Coopworth wool. : )

Hubby is a woodturner in his spare time and has already made me 3 nostepinnes. Now he is going to branch out into drop spindles, I believe. So, I think this was an evening very well spent.

The members of the Norman Fiber League were a delight! They answered our many questions, demonstrated several techniques, explained their wheels, and even let us attempt spindling while they encouraged us every step of the way. I think we even got some of the members to join us in our Thursday night Borders knitting group!

Below are some of the pictures that I took this evening at the Norman Fiber League monthly spinning guild meeting. Enjoy!






Challenges

When challenges come up in our life, what should we do? How should we react?

I believe it is the way we view these challenges that can make them possible to overcome...with grace, honesty, and even joy amidst tears. These challenges are *not* punishment from above, of that I am sure. But, I also believe how we choose to go forward, even if full of dread, is possible when we realize that no matter what happens we cannot be separated from the Lord. There is nothing that happens to us of which He is not fully aware and with us every step. While our challenges may not be removed, there will always be a way provided by our Heavenly Father so that we may be overcomers. We will not be given a greater burden than we can bear. And, a purpose will be served. We may not understand today, but someday it will become clear. Until then, hold fast His hand and know that it has been, and will always, be there.

My heart is content. My life is full and blessed. I will surely sleep good tonight and look forward to tomorrow (and Thurs. night knitting, too).

Your Friend,

Shelly

NLT
Romans 5:1-5
1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. 3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us – they help us learn to endure. 4 And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. 5 And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.


NKJV
Romans 8:37-39
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tandi said...

Shelly, thanks so much for sharing those pics. Sounds like it was lots of fun. Hope to see you tomorrow.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thank you for your Christian inspiration! I was "censored" by KnitList today because of my quote I have on my signature. Proverbs 31:13 & 19. Needless to say I quit the group! They said my quote would offend others...

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home