Monday, February 13, 2006


Red Hot Sizzling Socks, Ongoing Shawl Saga, Spindle Spinning, and Hope

As you can see photographed above, I'm preparing to cast on for the Red Hot Sizzling Socks Knit-along. I've chosen Mountain Colours Barefoot yarn in the colorway Ruby River. This is beautiful and soft yarn and I will now try to choose just the right pattern for it.

I'm looking forward to adding sock knitting back into my current efforts. I am in need of a short break in shawl knitting and fighting a pattern that has had errors. : (

I have contacted the XRX publishers corrections support staff today with another problem found in the charted pattern. I hope to have a response soon. I am really looking forward to a completed and lovely shawl being in the mail to my grandmother for her to enjoy. : )

I'm branching out in my interests in fiber related activities. After last weeks spinning guild meeting, I have decided that I really want to learn to spin. I'll be beginning with spindle spinning. My husband asked that I order a Bosworth Spindle for my Valentine's Day gift! This man really knows how to keep his wife deleriously happy!

If spindle spinning goes well, I really hope to continue on and learn to spin with a spinning wheel some day. But, we'll see how it goes with a spindle first.

I hope that spindle spinning goes well....as a matter of fact, I hope that it goes wonderfully well. I realize that it may be difficult initially, but I am full of hope that it will become easier as I practice.

So much of our lives are enriched by the gift of hope...ideas have fledged, dreams realized, and civilizations founded and based on hope. The hope of something better, something more, and health and happiness for our fellow humans. The hope of health and happiness in this life for all is great, but the hope and promise of eternal life with our Heavenly Father is greater still. May we all live diligently helping others in this life, and also keep focused on the gift of grace from our Father above...of eternal life with Him.

I leave you with the picture below. A young Purple Martin female with her newly fledged young of 2005....and I'm certain that she is full of hope for the successful and full life for her young.

Your Friend,

Shelly

HCSB
Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the yarn is beautiful. Hope you get guidance on your shawl pronto.
Happy Valentine's Day!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I am really trying hard not to covet those books and the yarn! LOL!

I've never done spinning either, but it looks interesting. Maybe someday in the future I'll give it a try...

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the drop spindles. I've seen gorgeous yarn come from them. I, personally, am drop challenged so I just went straight to a wheel - lol - and have never regretted it. But it is a little harder to haul around!

And the purple shawl is lovely!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home