Sunday, April 02, 2006


Dachshund Puppies....Lots and Lots of Dachshund Puppies!

As you can see, Strudel is an excellent mother to her new litter of puppies. : )

The first puppy arrived at 11:45 PM last night. We continued to have puppies arrive about every 15 or 20 minutes until all *8* had been born. Yes, *8*!

Strudel did excellently throughout the deliveries. She welcomed the arrival of 4 black and tan boys and 4 black and tan girls.


I am very sad to report that one of the little males didn't make it. He was born with a severe cleft palate and passed away early this morning. We buried him today.

But, all the others are vigorous, nursing well, and doing great! Enjoy the pictures and I'll be posting regular updated pictures of their growth and progress.


Now I think I need another nap. : )

Have a wonderful upcoming week and you remain in my prayers always.

Your Friend,

Shelly

NIV

Job 12: 7 - 8
7 "But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; 8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun - EIGHT puppies! Will be looking forward to pictures as they grow.

And how are you doing?

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

darling!

5:37 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Adorable puppies!!! I wished Lexi would let me have one!! lol

5:42 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Awwww they are sooooooo cute!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

All I can say is WOW!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh my goodness--is eight enough? Is Dick Van Patten around?

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Seven adorable puppies! We are sorry that the 8th little guy did not make it. They are just the cutest things ever. If we can convince Teddy, we would love to have one. They are certainly cute little buggers! I bet you guys must be exhausted. Sleep well and let Strudel do the work of being the good mom. Wonder what Doogie thinks about the "chillin?"...talk to you soon! Love to all.

Cheryl and Rick

7:21 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

You know how excited I am :)

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're so cuuuttee! And they'll get cuter as soon as their eyes open! Hehe.

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love doxies. I have a very spoiled red male.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

Yay!!! Sweet puppies! :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

What darling, adorable bundles of love! I think the black and tans are the cutest anyway!
(The Meezer says, harummmph!)
(((hugs)))

7:00 PM  
Blogger Minna said...

OH, the puppies are so cute!!! My husband's sister got puppy too on last friday and now we all are taking care of it!!! :)

We are well with move and I'll update my blog as soon as possible!

Take care!

Minde

8:13 AM  
Blogger jae said...

this is precious...have fun with these darlings.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Congrats! Very cute puppies, but I bet it was a long night for you! Thanks for stopping over at my blog. The curtains are a pattern from Hardy Hass of Hassdesigns.com I was testing the pattern for him and I am not sure when they will go up for sale. It is a lovely pattern!

2:56 PM  
Blogger X-Evolutionist said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your puppy. The rest of the puppies sure look like they are doing well.

X

http://spaces.msn.com/X-Evolutionist

7:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

It's been over a week. We want more puppy pictures, STAT!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the computer broke again?

7:52 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Ooooooh, I just loooove puppies! Okay, any babies :-) Now the fun will come in looking for nice homes for them.

Shari

3:02 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'll be updating tomorrow morning. : )

Thanks for all the comments and yes, the puppies are wonderful!

And, yes, my computer went belly up again...and thanks to Zach, it is now up and running again. I've also been under the weather again, but am slowly gaining speed again.

Your Friend,

Shelly

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! Strudel is such a good lil' mama. Congrats!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home