Sunday, March 25, 2007

Late Saturday Sky, Spring & More Tomorrow

Saturday Sky


Click on the picture above and see it full-sized. Those are Purple Martins busily circling above. We have a very large Purple Martin colony that we host on our farm in central Oklahoma. We watch the *circle of life* renew and unfold every year with these beautiful South American visitors.


This is another picture of some of the Purple Martins soaring over one of the large, budding Maple trees near our home.

Purple Martins over-winter in Brazil and return to N. America early each year to abundant feeding grounds to nest and raise their young.

I'll be including additional pictures and probably some home movies from this season's nesting progress in the next few weeks.

Spring

Spring has sprung! All the bulbs have been blooming, fruit trees are covered with blossoms, the grass is green(ing), and color has returned to the landscape. Bugs are once again flying and ants are trying to find entry into every kitchen. Our Eastern Bluebirds have nests built and we're expecting the first eggs any day. What a wonderous season!

With all the wondrous return of life to dormant plants, the pollen has reached new highs. I'm thankful that the plants are regenerating and reproducing, but the pollen....especially cedar tree pollen, has had me coughing incessantly for over a month. Allergy pills, 3 cough suppressants, and steroids later....I am somewhat better. I will be thankful when the cedar pollen level drops below stellar levels and I can once again talk and move about without fearing a coughing attack and the negative results that can bring about.

Because of constant coughing, I couldn't visit with my knitting pals, couldn't talk on the phone, couldn't drive the car, and was thinking that surely this would help me ultimately develop abs of steel as the only *good* side effect of incessant hacking. Well, weeks later, I'm still coughing a bit....but no *abs of steel* have shown up yet. Evidently, I've coughed enough to ache from head to toe, but a flat tummy still eludes me. As my friend Rebecca always says, *Not Fair*!

My belated explanation for not blogging much this month is that I was coughing. Just coughing. All the time ... coughing. I'm actually surprised I didn't cough myself inside-out. With more serious health issues going on, you'd think coughing from allergies wouldn't even register with me. Well, I just couldn't *hack* it! ; )

More Tomorrow

I had more planned to post, but, well, I'm coughing AGAIN! I'll return tomorrow with more pictures and other stuff.

I pray for each of you and hope you have a very blessed upcoming week.

Your Friend,

Shelly

NIV

Psalm 51:10

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Job 11:18

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I have to vouch for her. I called one day and it was cough cough cough! lol Hope the red cedar pollen bites the dust soon!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I never have had a problem with allergies...until we moved to OK!! I've been hacking my head off lately too and now I know why..lol!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Enjoyed my visit!
I've had a cough like that, too....so very annoying.

Loved seeing all your projects!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home