Thursday, March 22, 2007

Quick Post, Sockret Pal Socks On Their Way, & A Shawl For a Friend

It's been a while since I've posted, but not without good reason. I'll explain in a later post.

I've actually done quite a bit of knitting and enjoyed every minute of it. I really enjoyed every moment of knitting a prayer/comfort shawl for my friend, Susan. I didn't take pictures of the shawl, but Susan has and you can see it HERE. It's knit with Knitpicks Swish Superwash Wool in the color Wisteria. The pattern is the Feather and Fan Triangle Shawl from the book Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. I knit it a bit smaller than the full pattern....if full sized I think it would have swallowed Susan since she is petite. The wings of the shawl are quite long so that it may be crossed at the waist and tied behind the back to keep both hands free and no shawl in the way. Many people included their prayers, hugs, and good wishes for Susan as the shawl progressed. I hope she feels all of our hugs and prayers each time she sees or wears it.

I've also knitted some CIC socks for the bigger kids. I'll post pictures later.

And, I finished my Sockret Pal's hand knit socks. Rebecca will find out soon that I've been sending her goodies since last fall. It has been great fun. I hope she feels as good about what I've sent her as I've felt about how Sherry bestowed gifts upon me!


Here's a picture of the socks I knit for Rebecca. I used Opal Uni-Solid yarn in a very nice blue color....Rebecca's favorite color is blue. The pattern is the Eagle's Flight pattern by Megan Humphrey posted HERE at the PTYarn website.

I'll try to post pictures of the CIC socks and some Spring changes happening on our farm soon.

I pray that you have a wonderful day full of blessings! I also pray for your health, for caring and positive relationships with others, and a closer walk with our Heavenly Father every day.

Your Friend,

Shelly

NIV

Genesis 49:26

Your father's blessings are greater than the blessings of the ancient mountains, than the bounty of the age-old hills.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I've been wondering how you've been doing! Hope all is going well for you.

I love the socks you knit for your pal - thanks for posting the link to the pattern. I've bookmarked it and am going to print it out.

Can't wait to see the pictures you promised to post!

6:46 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Oh Shelly those socks are gorgeous! I'm glad you posted what yarn and pattern - especially since you know that we'd be asking. It's hard to find solid color sock yarn and really that's what I would actually wear the most.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Good to see you posting again! You've been missed! And so busy too!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so blessed to have a wife who is talented, beautiful and has such a wonderful heart for giving and caring for others.

Am I a lucky guy or what???

Your hubby

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog. I have been a long time lurker on your blog. Maybe it is the RN thing and the fact that you don't live too far from me though I am on the other side of the border....Texas.

I love your socks for your pal. I could not envision that pattern in anything other than Opal Owl and I am glad you took the plunge and had another vision for that pattern.

Blog on!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE my shawl! It reminds me of a huge purple, warm butterfly. I've been wearing it and bragging about it to anyone who'll listen - LOL! Thank you again! You are so VERY sweet to make it for me.
And thanks to Kim also for the special delivery!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I have Folk Shawls too. I really need to knit something from it.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home